Saturday, October 29, 2011

Scatter, Gather and Keep

Hello all!   I tell you this week has flown by.   I'm afraid I don't have much to tell this week, have been busy as a bee at work and worn out otherwise.  :)  

Was able to rest up some, today.   The most productive I got, was to make the stew below.   So, that was at least something.  :)   It is very tasty and we will be having it for lunch after church on Sunday.  

Right now,  I'm waiting for my clothes to finish drying.  My computer desk is on end of the laundry room, so there's the hum of the dryer, with an additional clank form a zipper or two, drowning out the rest of the household.    I think though, there is a ball game going on in the other room. 

Speaking of ball games... Did any of you watch the World Series?   

WHEW!!! CARDINALS!!!!  YEAH!!!  

Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.  :)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Easy Pork Stew
1 1/2 lb. Pork meat
4 medium potatoes
1/4 of large onion
2 carrots
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp black pepper
flour and salt/pepper for dusting meat
1 1/2 cup water
32 oz. broth

Cut the pork into cubes and lightly salt, pepper and flour.  In a hot skillet add a little olive oil and brown the pork pieces, making sure not to cook all the way through.  Depending on your skillet size, you may have to do two batches.

Peel the carrots and the potatoes and cut them into chunks.   Dice the onions.   In a large pot or dutch oven, add a little olive oil and saute the onions until they begin to tenderize, add the meat, carrots and potatoes.   Pour in the broth and water.  Add 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper.   Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes, then cover and turn heat down to low and simmer for 30 minutes.    This is a very tasty stew.



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's on your bedside table?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Scatter seeds of kindness
Everywhere you go;
Scatter bits of courtesy-
Watch them grow and grow.
Gather buds of friendship;
Keep them till full-blown;
You will find more happiness
Than you have ever known.
                                  Amy r. Raabe

Have a great rest of the weekend!!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to the last question: my goal for this year is to get my projects done on time... so far... so good. :)

1 comment:

  1. yipppeee I can finally write on your blog. power problems as well as internet. UGH
    Anyway your stew sounds so yummy. and whats on bed side table?? Debbie Macomber" The Christmas Letter" book and tissues. I have a cold..I am on my third Christmas book. I love Fall ,Christmas and SNOW!
    Hugs Trace

    www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham