Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lazy....

Hello all!  

Isn't it great to have the weekend free.  You don't have to punch a time clock or watch the clock, as you eat your lunch.

Well, that's one of the things I like about my weekends.   My schedule is very flexible and I usually fly by the seat of my pants, on what I'm going to do for the day.   

This morning, I started a pot of coffee - haven't done that in a while here at home, then looked through some cookbooks.   

My husband was out for a walk and my kids were still in bed.  The house was quiet and peaceful.  When my coffee finished brewing, I fixed a bowl of cereal and took my time.    I finally decided to wake the kids up, a little after 11:00 a.m.    So, yes, I slept in this morning too.  :)

It was pretty much a lazy day, though I did sew while my potato soup was cooking.   The rest of the time, I just read a book or took a nap.  

Like I said.... LAZY!!  :)


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

Potato Soup
8-10 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 Carrots, peeled and sliced
1 Celery stick, sliced
1/4 - 1/2 onion, diced
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste.   If you have fresh garlic, use 1 -2 cloves

Peel, wash and cut veggies as directed.   Place in big pot or dutch oven, add water or broth so that the veggies are covered.  Cook until the veggies are tender, then add a basic slurry to thicken.   

Slurry = 1/4 cup flour, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup milk, whisked together.


After dipping it in a bowl, add a dollop of sour cream and stir it in.    

You can also add, crumbled crisp bacon on top, this is a tasty addition.  :)






++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TODAY'S QUESTION

What's in your purse/wallet?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hear thunder rolling close, we have thunderstorms moving in, so I better sign off soon.   Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!     

Don't forget to check out the giveaways, I posted yesterday.

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


My answer to yesterday's question: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham