Thursday, August 13, 2015

Scrappy Beauty

Happy Left Handers Day!

I helped host the Logan County Fair last night and thought I'd share the Grand prize quilt with you.

Isn't this a scrappy beauty?  It is hand quilted.


Judging started yesterday and I think some continued today.

The "Bargains Galore on 64" is in full swing through the weekend.  Hwy 64 runs through the town I work in, Ozark, AR, and the traffic was very busy today.  I saw a beauty today though as I walked back in after lunch.  I saw a vintage pink Cadillac with tail fins and rag top.  I found out later, when telling a friend about it, that the car is owned by a lady who works in Ozark and she drives it every day.  How have I missed that beautiful car all this time?

The garden has done pretty good this year.  The squash is done but we still have peppers, tomatoes, carrots,watermelons, etc. growing.  We have two raised beds.  Here is the last "big" harvest I did.  David has harvested more, since this picture, but I thought it made for a pretty picture.  There's kale, jalapenos, banana peppers, okra, cherry tomatoes, pearl onion, squash and eggplant.  I took this picture right after I washed them.

The weekend is drawing near and I hope to be able to work in my sewing room this weekend.  There are so many things I want to get done and I just haven't had time, of late, to do them.

This little poem came to me this evening.
Rushing here,
Rushing there,
With no time to spare,
Sewing machine is collecting dust,
Afraid it might begin to rust,
Fabric waits and thread looks on,
Beads, buttons, and yarn wonder where I’ve gone.
Need to slow down and relax,
Bring out the fabric and thread packs,
Put that machine to use,
Bring out the yarn, beads and buttons too.
And don’t forget the scrapbook pages,
To share all the wonders in life,
A sunrise here,  
A flower blooms there,
When you slow down you see beauty everywhere.

                                                    SParham 08-13-15

I guess that's it for now.

Chat with you soon,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham