Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Blossoms of light..

It was good to be back in my sewing room this week.   It all started on the weekend when I made this small baby quilt and large receiving blanket.  These two will go the our local COS.
30" square


 I started working on this little quilt a week or so ago.  I finished it this evening.  It is 8" x 12".
It is a representation of what's been going on with my dad.   Though there have been dark days, there has been small blossoms of light along the way.
I have added three beads in each block, representing the Holy Trinity and how God has helped each of us through this long process.  I quilted it in a way that represents the roller coaster ride we have been on with the good days and bad days.  :)  I used metallic thread to quilt it, representing dad's strong will.
 Dad is beginning to have more good days and is getting stronger.

~ Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham