Saturday, August 30, 2014

Always Close...

Microsoft desktop picture
Yesterday afternoon, towards the end of another long week at work, my desktop wallpaper changed to this picture.  I thought "what a great pic to end my week...".   A rainbow is a sign of better things to come and after the stressful and extra hours over the past two weeks, I needed that reminder.

Well the "better things" started with a 3 day weekend.  Can I get AMEN?!

This morning I was able to work on the log cabin quilt.  It was nice to be able to do so after not working on it for two weeks.

One of the best things so far this weekend is the opportunity I had this afternoon to spend time with family members I don't get to see very often.  Some of my aunts and uncles from Alabama and Louisiana are up to visit this weekend.  One of my uncles, my uncle Harold, I haven't seen since I was a young teenager.  Listening to him talk today, the sound and inflection of his voice, reminded me of my grandpa.

Growing up, due to my dad's occupation, we were on the move every three years or so and were not in close proximity to most of our family.  I wonder sometimes what it must be like to be near most of your family all your life?  What is it like to be there for them through hard times like heart break or grief, to help them through it so that they don't make choices that could harm them or they regret later?  Or to be there for them in the happiest of times, like the birth of a child or the addition of a new family member through marriage, or even to celebrate an accomplishment they've had no matter how big or small?

Though I don't get to spend a lot of time with most of my family, I cherish those times I do get to see them, because I don't know when I will see them again.  I have been blessed with a loving family on both sides and I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.  My family is always close to me in my heart and thoughts and are continually in my prayers.

I took quite a few pictures today and plan to put them in a scrapbook.  I found a scrapbook yesterday at a local flea market and it has all the decorative pages in it.  The theme is "Family & Friends".  So the pics I took today will be perfect for it.

My first day off for the Labor Day weekend has been a good day.  I trust your weekend has started out good too.

***************************************************
What's Up With That?

Lately there have been things that just make me say "hmm..." and make me wonder about them.  For example...

On the way to visit with family today, we met a police car on the highway driving towards us.  The car was moving slower than normal and as it got closer to us it moved to the yellow line, and after it was past us it swerved over the yellow line.  What's up with that?

Then there is a spot in the road on one of the highways I drive that has a sign that states "BUMP", indicating a bump is ahead in the road.   Well it is not a bump, it is a dip.  I know they have signs that state "DIP" to indicate a dip in the road.   Were they striving for a bump and just did not accomplish their goal?  What's up with that?

******************************************************

I guess that's all I have for now.

Until next time, enjoy your weekend!

Hugs,
Sonia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham