At the end of my week I had in 60.61 hours. My long week caught up with me Friday afternoon and I fought off falling asleep as hard as I possible could, but I felt that my coworkers would hear a loud thump as my head hit the desk. So I had a strong cup of coffee hoping it would help. Though I have to admit the afternoon drowsiness is something I battle frequently with this current job. Some are days are just worse than others.
I've been thinking of what I need to get done in the next sixteen weeks.
- Finish the log cabin quilt
- Make small love quilt
- Make Christmas stocking for exchange
- Make wall hanging/place mat from last year's fat quarter from guild's Christmas party
- Other gifts I want to make for family and friends
At the beginning of the week I decided to focus on blessings instead of the frustrations and long hours the week promised.
- Monday: after a long day I saw a beautiful rainbow on the way home and a beautiful starry sky at night.
- Tuesday: stepped out of the house to a cool morning, a nice change from the hot muggy ones.
- Wednesday: coconut cream pie - it's been a very long time since I last tasted coconut cream pie, this was a yummy blessing. It was also a day of good song's going through my mind. Songs like "it's alright, have a good time cause it's alright yeah it's alright" and "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me".
- Thursday: a favorite sweater of mine was returned to me. I didn't realize it was missing, I thought that it was in the clothes hamper waiting to be washed. One of the local churches catered our lunch today and the oatmeal raisin cookies were the best I have ever tasted.
- Friday: enjoyed a phone call with my son. He is doing well and starting school and teaching next week. He is going to be very busy. I also got to leave work earlier today than the rest of the week.
By focusing on blessings, it helped my week go better. I was tired and wore out by the end of the week but I was not frustrated or stressed to the max and that is essentially the best blessing of the week. :)
So if you feel discouragement coming on... start focusing on blessings that come your way.