It's a simple pattern if you would like to make one.
Here's what you need...
- 1 color fabric, your choice, for backing
- 38" square
- 4 coordinating or contrasting fabrics of your choice, for the pieced top.
- 1/2 yard each of two colors for the large nine patch (in this one blue and pink)
- cut four 9½" blocks from each. (4 blue blocks and 4 pink blocks)
- 1/3 yard each of remaining fabrics for two borders (in this one hot pink and green)
- for first border cut two 2½" x 27" strips and two 2½" x 31" strips.
- for second border cut two 3" x 31" strips and two 3" x 36" strips
- Batting - 36" square
All together now...
- Sew three rows of the 9½" blocks.
- first row - sew three 9½" blocks together (blue to pink to blue)
- second row - sew three 9½" blocks together (pink to blue to pink)
- third row - repeat as for first row
- Sew the three rows together, making the large nine patch block (27" square)
- Sew the two 2½" x 27" strips to two ends of the large nine patch block
- Sew the two 2½" x 31" strips to the remaining sides of the large nine patch block
- Sew the two 3" x 31 strips to two ends as in step 3.
- sew the 3" x 36" strips to remaining sides as in step 4.
- Sandwich backing, batting and pieced top together and pin or baste for quilting.
- Quilt or tie as desired.
- Bring the backing edges to the front for binding and stitch down.