Wednesday, August 29, 2012

FOMO?

Hello, I hope this finds you doing well.

I saw a beautiful rainbow the other day and took a pretty good picture of it, but then lost in the cyberspace, due to a mistake I made.  Go figure.  :)

I also took a picture of cookies I baked, recipe below.  I lost that picture too, so I took a picture of one lone cookie to go with the recipes.  The cookies disappeared fast!

I went to visit my parents Sunday afternoon and had a good visit with them.  Mom sent home a jar of apple butter and a jar of peach jam she and my aunt Ree made.  They won blue ribbons on them in their local fair.   Mom let me sample some of each from jars she already had open and I'm telling you they are delicious!  I think they look pretty in the jar too. :)

Well, the kids are back in school and I think we are getting back into a routine.  It seems my routine has morphed or changed on its own, without any conscious effort on my part.  Where I use to be wound up and running at 90+ miles an hour at night, I now find that I'm waking earlier and  that is when my creative side is more active.  Thus I am writing early today.

This morning I read an article that hit close to home.  You might be able to relate to it too.  Have you ever heard of FOMO?  

Check out this article. http://www.truewoman.com/?id=2188#.UD39oyNxmt4.blogger

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Recipe of the Week

This recipe was a blue ribbon winner in the Mahnomen Count Fair.  It was submitted by Teri Lynn Turpin, from Naytahwaush, Minn.  This recipe is from Favorite Recipes of America - Desserts, Favorite Recipes Press 1968.

Oatmeal Cookies 

1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1 c. flour
1/2 c. shortening
6 tbsp. brown sugar
6 tbsp. white sugar
1 egg
Vanilla to taste
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. chopped nuts (opt.)

Sift salt, soda and flour together; set aside.  Cream shortening; add sugars, a little at a time.  Cream after each addition until mixture is fluffy; add eggs and vanilla.  Beat well add sifted ingredients and mix.  Add oatmeal and nuts; mix well.  Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes or until firm and slightly browned.  Let cookies cool on cookie sheets about 1 minute.  Remove to cooling rack.  Store in a tight covered cookie jar or can.  Yield: 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess that's it for now.

Have a great day!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a real good recipe. Better than mine I bet. I have posted the one I made on my site. Will try your version. Oatmeal cookies are my favorite!

    Come join my blog hop and gain more traffic and likes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! :) hope you like the recipe.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham