Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Scorchin' Hot!

It was a scorcher today and it's only beginning.

We were in the 3 digits today.   Here is the thermometer under my carport.  I took this picture around around 5:15 p.m. 

What better way to beat the heat than with some good cold watermelon?


I had to go to Fort Smith this evening for more yarn, for a baby blanket I'm crocheting, and got home around 9:30.  My desktop weather bug said it was 102° and it definitely felt like it.


Okay, enough about the heat...


The other day on the way home (I wasn't driving); I was playing with my camera, and caught this pic. 

It made me think of how easy it is to get focused on what is right in front of you.  When you are consumed by whatever has your interest at the time. You go along focused mainly on that one thing and it seems the rest of the world flies by, only to discover that it is you flying by a world going at its normal pace.  When you finally do slow down, you look around and wonder how much you missed.

Did you miss the beautiful sunrise or sunset, a child's smile, a cooling breath of fresh air, or the whisper of a calming voice saying "Be still, My child"?  

There are times, I go through life in a blur and when I do finally slow down and catch my breath, I realize I have failed my God, myself, my family and my friends, missing out on the important things.  

It's then the precious words spoken long ago, surface, reminding me that though I may falter and fail, my God is constant. He does not falter and loves me anyway. 

Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  
He makes me to lie down in green pastures: He leads me beside the still waters.  
He restores my soul: He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou are  with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Thou prepares a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anoints my head with oil; my cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

God bless and keep you, 
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham