Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pretty Good Deal...

Hello all!

YAWN!!   I think I'm still trying to catch up on rest from the last three weeks.

When I got home this evening, my hubby told me about a clearance sale, here in town. 

I came home with a new reversible jacket, a zip up sweater, a pretty blouse, and a two layer look tee-shirt all for $36.  That's what the reversible jacket cost, before clearance.  I think it was a pretty good deal.  :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WEEKLY RECIPE
After months of eating the heavier meals like casseroles, stews, roasts, etc.; I thought it would be nice to have a lighter meal this evening.    So, this week's recipe is a simple tuna salad recipe for a sandwich.

Simple Tuna Salad

2 cans tuna, drained
onion, chopped to your taste
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (if you like the spice, leave some of the seeds in)
tomato, chopped to your taste
1/2 to 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
mayo or salad dressing to taste ( I used about 4 tablespoons)
salt and pepper to taste
Mix it all together and serve on bun, toast, or with green salad and crackers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dad is still making progress.  He has been awake and alert each morning and sitting up some during the day, for the past couple of days.  He is still very week and tires out by noon or so.  Because of his weakened state, he has to be seat belted in when he sits up.  Today, the hospital staff started feeding him by spoon.  I hope that went well, as my dad is very independent, but he is still too weak to hold a spoon and feed himself.  I know without doubt his strength will return and he will be sitting up on his own and feeding himself soon.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Well, that's all I have this evening.
 
Here's wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!
 
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham