Thursday, January 20, 2011

That's how it works...

As I woke this morning and watched the weatherman predict foul weather in the form of snow, sleet, and ice, my mood turn in the same direction – foul.   If I can stay in watch the weather happen I’m okay but if I have to get out in it – NO WAY!     I knew that if the mood I was in stayed it would be a very long unhappy day.  So, I prayed.   I asked God to remove that foul feeling from me.  I told my husband I had done so, and he simply nodded, which meant he would be praying too.  I have to smile at that, because I know he prays for me daily, but I have to wonder if he prayed this morning for his own peace of mind. 

I left for work and the roads weren’t bad, just a little wet, but I was still in a foul mood after I got to work.   I told three friends of mine of my predicament and I know they started praying too, because within the hour my mood had lightened considerably. 

That’s how it works.  Pray believing, then share with others that you know will pray too.  When all that prayer gets moving… well, the power of prayer takes over!

Mark 11:24 
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. (NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham