I used a size Q (16 mm) hook and two strands of yarn for each stitch.
It's made up of alternating two rows of single crochet and one row of double crochet through out.
I changed colors, adding one color to a previous color, making it so that the colors blend as they go up and still have a color block definition too. Each color combo had 8 - 10 rows, depending on when I wanted to change colors.
Here are the colors/color combinations I used.
- Dusty rose with light pink
- Light pink with bright pink
- Bright pink with hot pink
- Hot pink with dark purple
- Dark purple with medium purple
It's a great way to use up yarn if you find your yarn stash overflowing.