Monday, May 18, 2015

A little old, a little new

As of 4:00 p.m. on May 15, I've been on vacation.  Some of you know how much that means to me, but for those who don't... it means, no stress, no tension, no dread, just relaxation, contentment, spending time with my husband and daughter, quilting, crafting, reading, napping, flea marketing, etc.

So, as of 4:00 p.m. Friday it began.  I stopped by a little antique shop in the town I work in.  It had a realtor's sale sign on the property.   It is for sale and they were having a sale and will continue to until all the items are gone.  From what I gather it is something like "the owner bit off more than they can chew" kind of thing.  I found a couple of things to bring home.  Then on Saturday, we went flea marketing as a family.  Where I also found more things to bring home.  :)

Here are some of the treasures I found.

A vintage pie cutter/crimper.  I will use it as decoration in my kitchen.

A cute little flower basket pin.  I will use it on a handbag or tote bag.

I also found a set of crochet pattern books and a book of inspiration.

There were  a couple of things I thought were cool, but did not bring them home with me.



The first thing is a vintage garlic/fruit press. then there was this cool iron, from when they started adding steam capability.


Some of the things I've been wanting to do got done. There were some items of mine that I wanted to re-purpose.

The first thing is the pretty bottle I have had or some time.   It had some flowers in it that my children have made over the years.  I moved to flowers to a vase with dried flowers, cleaned the bottle, bought some cork stoppers, then filled the bottle with oil.  So now it is still beautiful but also useful.

Then, I had a vase, full of glass stones and lights.  It's an idea I had a few months ago, but after using it a time or two for a light. I decided I needed to change it.  It got too hot when lit.  I finally came up with this arrangement.  I'm very happy with it.

I also re-purposed this big canning jar.  It is a 2 quart jar.  It was a decorative item with pickled veggies.  It was old and time to redo.  So all the contents were emptied out, the jar cleaned, the lid covered with decorative duck tape and then it was fill with ribbon.

This morning I was looking out my front window and saw this little beauty on the street and snuck out and took this pic.



Then I had a surprise.  A package arrived.



 I won a drawing I had entered a few weeks ago with Paper Pumpkin.  There were ink pads, stamps and all the paper goods to make envelopes, cards, tags, and bows.  I'm sure it will be put to good use soon.  :)

We'll be making a road trip tomorrow and I plan to do a little crocheting on the way, so hopefully I will have something to show when we get back.

Hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. We the TEAM of the Smart Leaders IAS Academy which is one of the tnpsc coaching centre in Chennai is the Well Known Team for general studies and in their own area of optional subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite useful reading, found some interesting details about this topic. Thanks….
    Best Ias Academy in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham