Saturday, December 13, 2014

How Many?


One of the things I like to do during the Christmas season is sit with only the Christmas lights glowing, with a cup of cappuccino and a good book.  It's a time of quiet, solitude and peace.  As you know those things; quiet, solitude and peace, can be quite rare these days.

I'm happy to report I'm finally done with Christmas shopping.  I have a few gifts left to wrap and a few to mail out.  But otherwise finished.  

As far as quilting and crafting go, a wall hanging and fabric ornaments are all that's left to do and I hope to finish them this weekend.  The wall hanging, I feel confident will be finished today. The ornaments may not be finished until tomorrow afternoon.

On the radio the other day,  there was a discussion of how many Christmas movies are watched during the season.  One of the DJs admitted to watching 17 movies since Thanksgiving.   Now, I admit I like to watch Christmas movies, but I don't see how I could get in 17 movies.  I think I've watched maybe 5 at the most.  Of course there are still 11 days until Christmas, so I'm sure I'll get in a few more.  :)

How about you?  Have you watched any Christmas movies and if so how many?

And to those who watch Christmas movies, what is about them that keeps you going back to watch them every year?

It doesn't matter if they are corny or if we know the plot and how it's going to end, we continue to watch.  I know for me, it is the feeling of nostalgia and good memories when I watch movies like 'It's A Wonderful Life' and 'The Christmas Carol'.   It takes me back to my childhood when I watch 'Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer'.  I think my favorite childhood Christmas show though, is 'The Little Drummer Boy'.

Well, I better sign off and get to work in my sewing room.  Here's wishing you a super Saturday!

Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham