Thursday, January 16, 2014

My Thursday Favorite

As I backed out of my driveway this morning and started on my way to work, I was blessed with a beautiful sight.  

The moon was full and low in the western sky.  It was surrounded by cirrus clouds and shining bright.

My view was through the branches of trees in the field across the road from my house.  Though this picture isn't the best, you can see how bright it was.

It was as if the Lord was saying "Good morning my child, here's a little jewel in the sky to start your day, it is going to be a good day and remember I am with you."

One of my favorite sections of Scripture is one of the of Psalms of Ascent; Psalm 121.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip - He who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

So the next time you see the moon, maybe you will remember these words and know that you are not alone.

Hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham