Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thrift finds of late

Hello,
I thought I'd share my latest thrifty finds.   Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and I have been looking for Christmas decorations at flea markets and second hand stores.  Here is what I have found on my lunch break on two different day's in the past week or so.

blown glass tree and ornaments  50¢

wood/porcelain nativity set   $1.50

**************************************************

I'm still working on the quilt as you go log cabin quilt.  I hope to be able to show you the finished quilt within the next month.

***************************************************

Earlier today I received an email from the person I am paired up with for an Ornament Swap this year.  I'm looking forward to finding or creating an ornament for her.  I will have to get it mailed out to her by the 23rd of this month.

*************************************************

If you have followed my blog for any time at all, you know I am in awe of God's creation.  On the way home from work this week the moon was so clear in the sky and looked so close I had to try to get a picture when I got home.   I took this one around 5:00 p.m. yesterday.

 
I also took pics of Elvis, our tabby.


Here are some current pics of me and my family.  It has been a while since the last time we took pics of my children and one of me and David together.




*******************************************************
THANKFUL

We have celebrated Veteran's day this week.  I'm thankful for all those who have served to so that I am free to worship my God, write my thoughts and be myself.

*********************************************************

We are down to 40 days until Christmas.

When will you put up your Christmas decorations or have you already started?

What is your Christmas decorating style?


Looking forward to your responses...

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. You have found some very sweet Christmas decorations! I am holding off on Christmas decor until after Thanksgiving. Thanks for linking up to TTF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. :) I wait until right after Thanksgiving too.

      Delete
  2. I don't put up Christmas decorations until AFTER Thanksgiving, usually that weekend is our start date. I don't have a 'style'. I just use what I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. :) I wait until after Thanksgiving too. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham