Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Smell of Rain...

Rain moved in today.
Prayers have been answered.

On my way home this evening the wind picked up and clouds rolled in.  As I drove south, toward Paris, there was lighting to the west and a rainbow to the east.  

How often do you see something like that?

I could smell the rain in the air, as I got closer to home.

When I got home, I hurried into the house to get my camera, because the rainbow was still bright against  the dark clouds.  

I also heard a hissing noise coming from my car.  Yes, I picked up a nail or something.   My tire wasn't low yet but is was hissing like crazy.

Anyway... here are the pics I got of the rainbow and the glorious rain we were blessed with.
Rainbow

First the sky had a green cast to it...

Then it turned orange....

Then the rain came down heavy.
The smell of rain, makes me think of renewal and cleansing.   You know the rain is going to wash everything down and settle the dust.  You know it is going to bring life or rejuvenation to all the dry and dying vegetation.  

That's a lot like what happens when you  trust in the Lord.  God's grace washes over you, bringing you new life and cleansing you of your past.  

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures.  We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.  But when the kindness and love of God or Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.  He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.  ~ Titus 3:3-7

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post.
    Thankful for answered prayers.
    Let it rain.
    Love in HIM

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham