Sunday, March 10, 2013

Let me introduce...

A couple of days ago I mentioned new things going on at my church.   Let me catch you up.  :)

I would like to introduce to you our new Pastor and his family.

Br. Harlin, his wife Carrie, and their three children.
I'm very happy they are with us.  They have already been a blessing to us and I, as well as others, am looking forward to the journey we have with them.

This evening we had open house in the Youth Department.  There has been a lot of work going on up there (second floor) and it looks great.

I'd like to give a shout out to all the those who contributed financial support, to the workers and the youth who made it such an awesome place for the youth to meet and hang out.

THANK YOU!!


I took some pics to share with you.


There was homemade ice cream of all different kinds of flavors.   I had the Butter Finger flavored ice cream.  It was the first time I had that flavor ice cream and let me tell you it was delicious!

People gathered together for fellowship and the tasty ice cream.



First they picked up their ice cream cups and spoons.





There were free t-shirts given away to show our appreciation to the church for their support in the update of the Youth Department.


Here are pics of the updated Youth department.








Patriotic Room

Here are our classrooms.








Music Room


I'm thinking about making a quilted, music themed, wall hanging for the Music Room.   However, it will have to wait until I get the Log Cabin quilt done.

Razorback Room




Creation Room













Here are pics of the Game room side.   We are also using this side for class time, at this time.  I believe we will be splitting up into smaller classes soon, as our group is continually growing.

where we have class time
there's also a game system 

Pool Room

Air Hockey Room
Ping Pong Room












As you can tell the youth enjoy this area on Sunday afternoons.  :)







♣ ♣ ♣

If you are a child of God you are not alone.  
You are always surrounded by the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
So as St. Patrick's day draws near,
and you see clovers green, remember the Holy Trinity.

Who ever believes that Jesus is the Chris is born of God: and every one that loves Him that begat loves Him also that is begotten of Him.  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep His commandments.  For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous.  For what ever is born of God over comes the world: and this is the victory that over comes the world, even our faith.  Who is he that over comes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God:  This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ, not by water only, but by water and blood.  And it is the Spirit that bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.  For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 
~ 1 John 5:1-7
♣ ♣ ♣

Before I sign off this evening, I want to wish you a wonderful week ahead full of blessing.

Please remember me in prayer, as I start my new job in the morning.

Until next time, 
God bless and keep you, 
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham