Saturday, January 31, 2015

A little disappointment, a little good news...

I had hoped to share a little free motion quilting project with you, but I am in need of an accessory for my home sewing machine.  After looking through my accessories, I realized I don't have a darning/free motion foot for either of my machines. Any quilting I have done in the past on my home machine has been geometric with a walking foot, so I plan to purchase a darning/free motion foot so that I can use one machine for free motion quilting and the other for sewing.

Good news though, I have separated the heart blocks from the borders they had. I counted 24 blocks and have separated them into four different groups.  I will need to decide if I want to put the similar blocks together, going from light to dark throughout the quilt, or just put them randomly together.  I've decided on black for the borders for this quilt.  I think having the dark borders will hi-lite each block and give them their own showcase, as each block was made by a different person and has their signature on them.


I decided to keep these three blocks together and use them as a wall hanging. The borders look blue in this picture but they are actually a dark purple.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are a couple of pictures that were taken in the past day or so.

I caught this beautiful sunset while traveling west yesterday.


I'm always amazed at the beauty in a sunrise or sunset.  I like the way the trees are silhouetted in foreground.

Earlier today I noticed a flock of birds fly by the kitchen window, then the flock landed in my front yard, road, and pasture across the road.   David was able to sneak out of the house and catch a picture of them for me.


I'm not sure what kind of bird they are. Though you can't see it in this picture, when looking at the darker birds at the right angle in the sunlight, they had blue tint to them.

The smell of popcorn is in the air, as Audre has fixed her a bag.  It has made me munchy, so I'm going to sign off and get a snack and something to drink.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,
Sonia

P.S.  I have updated My Walk

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I don't know what kind of birds they are either. But they seem to have found a great place to snack on worms. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham