Sunday, April 3, 2011

Are we still on the purple road?

The 2011 Spring Fab Shop Hop in Arkansas.

Charlotte, Debbie and I left Paris around 7 a.m and headed toward Bentonville, AR.  Charlotte drove and I was shotgun, so I was the GPS watchdog (squirrel!)...  Debbie sat in the back enjoying the ride.

The color purple was my signal of where we (little blue flashing dot) should be.  It seemed every time I took my eye off the "purple road" (squirrel!) we would no longer be on the road we were supposed to be on.  We would be on a yellow road or no road at all, according to the GPS.

As soon as I would notice this fact, I would state "We are off the purple road" and we would have to turn around.  So we jigged and jagged a few times.  I will say we did have about 4-5 shops we made it to without leaving the purple road. 

We started with Sew A Stitch in Bentonville.  There was a festival and a marathon going on, so that little town was hoppin'.  We got our passports and had them stamped.  We had to get the passports stamped at each shop and each shop made a quilt for the shop hop.   The quilts were all of the same pattern but each one was different.  I am showing the Shop Signs and the quilts they made for the hop tonight.  I will post other pics tomorrow.

We managed to get all eight shops visited, ending with Mama's Log House in Huntington, AR.  We drove over 330 miles round trip and this girl was exhausted by the end of the day but had a blast gettin' there. :)

 So... here are some of the pics I took of our shop hop adventure.


Sew A Stitch - shop hop quilt













The Rabbits Lair - shop hop quilt













Country House Quilting - shop hop quilt





The Quilt Corner - shop hop quilt
















Sager Creek Quilts - shop hop quilt




Just for fun Fabrics - shop hop quilt











Crooked Creek Quilts - shop hop quilt













Mama's Log House - shop hop quilt
 













I have a poll posted on the side, at the top.   Please vote for the Best Shop Hop Quilt.
The poll will end in 2 weeks on 4/17/11.   I will post the results then.  Please share the news with your followers and ask them to vote too.

Well... I guess that's it for tonight.   I wish you all a wonderful week ahead!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

8 comments:

  1. We're so glad you had a great time. That was what we were after! We are meeting tomorrow (Monday) morning to draw for the grand prizes and to start planning for NEXT year! Love the blog. Happy Quilting. Pam Goggans - Sager Creek Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, thanks for stopping by! :)

    Have a great week!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, Sonja! My friend Vicki and I made the full trek to all the shops on the hop, also. It was her first hop, and she had a blast! (Did I mention she's not even a quilter?). We enjoyed the adventure of finding each shop, which included venturing to parts of our state neither of us had ever seen in our (combined) over 80 years of being Arkansas residents! Thanks to all who opened their doors to the mayhem of dozens of hoppers tearing through their wonderful shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by!

    This was my first hop too and yes it was a blast indeed. :)

    Have a great week!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your had a good time, squirrel. I notice all of the quilts have baskets. Is that a coincidence or did I miss something (not surprizing)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Joanna! :)

    Each shop was required to use the same block pattern in the quilt they created for the shop hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sonia -

    What fun! I love antique shops and puttering around interesting stores.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, yes it was fun.:) I like antique shops too!

    Blessings back,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham