These are hearty pancakes and I made them big, using 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake. Two pancakes will fill you up.
Hearty Banana Pancakes
by Sonia Parham
- 3 bananas mashed, they should be ripe but not over ripe
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose white flour
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk, or the amount needed for the batter consistency you like.
Try out different toppings to use. My daughter ate hers with nothing on them, my husband tried a little strawberry jam on the bottom pancake and a little syrup on the top one. I ate my pancakes with a little peanut butter and strawberry jam. They are yummy. :)
|First Iris bloom|
PS, I updated the Quilts tab.