Thursday, April 23, 2015

Howling and Singing

I missed my morning time in the Scriptures because I wasn't focused and was running late. So I took my Bible to work with me to read on my lunch break.

As I sat in my car, eating my lunch, rain gently fell giving a rhythmic beat on top of my car and I enjoyed watching a few pretty little birds play in the rain.

The rain eventually stopped and I lowered the car windows to let the cool breeze blow in.  As I read my Bible, I heard all kinds of birds singing and chattering among themselves.  I even heard what sounded like an owl hooting.  It was very peaceful.

Then the blare of an ambulance's siren began to wail as it raced down the street that runs along the parking lot where I was parked.  The dogs in the surrounding neighborhood began to howl and they sounded so sorrowful as if they knew something bad had happened.

I said a quick prayer for the emergency response crew and the people they were going to help.

As the wail of the sirens faded the dogs stopped howling, I started writing all this down on paper and the birds continued to sing.

Microsoft clip art
Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham