Sunday, August 4, 2013

Beginning of the week...

Beginning of the week...

A great way to start the week is to gather with brothers and sisters in Christ.  That's what Sunday is for me.
A good jump start to the week ahead.

This morning my daughter and I started our week with our new church family, First Baptist of Branch, AR.  

I think it's going to be a good week.

How do you start your week?

***********************************************
RECIPE

My daughter turns 17 this week.   She will be in band practice, from 4-8 pm on her birthday and I will be at work until 6 pm.  So we all decide to celebrate her birthday early.  She didn't want a cake, but she wanted a banana pudding.

David made her a banana pudding using pound cake in place of the vanilla wafers.  It was yummy!


1 bunch of bananas - peeled and sliced in rounds
1 pound cake - sliced in thin layers
2 small boxes of regular banana pudding - following the recipe on the box

Layer pound cake, bananas, and pudding to the top of your container.   Chill in refrigerator for several hours to overnight.

***********************************************************

After lunch we had the banana pudding then I went and laid down for a banana pudding induced nap.  

I woke up from my nap about an hour later.  I heard a rumbling sound, like a motorcycle starting, but it was muffled by the windows.  Then I heard a loud rumble overhead and I knew the sound I heard was not made by mortal man, but by the Master of the winds clapping His hands.

Sure enough, not too long after the rain came.  What a glorious blessing from above.  




Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God: for He hath given you the former rain moderately, and He will cause to come down for you the rain, the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month. ~Joel 2:23

********************************************************


God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. We recently started attending a new church. It is too early for me to say that it will be our new church home but I'm going to continue going there. It's a hard decision after being at my last church for over ten years.

    I love the idea of pound cake for the banana pudding. Happy birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carli, I will lift you up in prayer. I know the Lord will lead you where He needs you to be. :)

      Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham