Thursday, May 30, 2013

As the thunder rolled...

As the thunder rolled and the rain poured hard on the roof, I decided to spend my lunch at my desk and work on my blog.  It seems with my new work schedule it is harder for me to find time to write and share with you.  I truly miss it and it weighs on my mind and will until I figure out what I need to do to get back on track.

I trust you had an enjoyable Memorial weekend.  Both of my kids were home on Monday, so we all went to Silver Dollar City and enjoyed the day.




 I go mostly for shopping and enjoying the music and atmosphere.  I always want to bring something home and I did this time.











We took the "Pig Trail", Hwy 23.  We left early and didn't have any trouble with traffic or finding a good parking place.

I can't get through a Memorial Day weekend without changing the decor in my home.  So, my patriotic stuff came out and will be up through Labor day; then I will change it all out for the fall season.


















The last time I wrote, I mentioned having to sew a door prize for the upcoming Quilt Congress.  Here's what I did.


It's a checker set with a quilted checker board and crocheted checkers.  I figure it will go to a little girl and if she doesn't like to play checkers she can use the checker board for a dolly blanket or a table topper of her tea party.  The crocheted checkers can be pillows for her barbie dolls.

The veggie garden is coming along.  We've been getting green onions and radishes out of it and have a few squash coming on, along with tomatoes and peppers.

The flower garden is coming along nicely too.   All my roses are blooming and the lilies all have blooms ready to open.  We've had a couple of surprises.  David had planted some rose seeds, he had harvested from one of the rose bushes last year.  He planted them in a pot, not knowing if they would come up.  They did!  So he is going to transplant them in the garden.  We also had a hanging pot of petunias last year and they died off.  I kept the pot knowing I would use it for another hanging plant, well.... there are petunias growing in it again.  They came up voluntarily from last year's plant.  I didn't know they would do that.  Just goes to show, you never stop learning.

School's Out!  The official kickoff of summer vacation.

Got any big plans?




Until next time,
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham