Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Standing Strong...

Good morning!

I trust you had a good night's rest.   I did, though I should have went to bed sooner than 2:00 a.m.

This morning my scripture reading was in Ephesians.  Stay with me...  :)

Ephesians 4: 1-6 ~ I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that you walk worthy of the vocation wherewith you are called, with all lowliness and meekness, with long suffering, forbearing one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  There is one body, and one Spirit, even as you are called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

There are two things I get from this passage.
  1. Unity - standing strong with one another in unity of the Spirit, regardless of our differences.  
  2. Faith - though I have not seen Jesus Christ, did not see Him die on the cross, I believe He is alive and I believe He died for my sins.  Though I have not seen God and Father of all, I believe He created me and all I see. 
What if we all stood strong in the Spirit of the Lord, united praying and faithfully following His will in all we do?

I think we would be amazed at the result of such unity. I believe we would be awestruck at the  power, faithfulness and will of God.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


It's about an hour until the polls open for voting today.  Today is the last day to cast your vote, if you haven't done so already.   

Please pray about it, and vote according to your conviction.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Have a great day!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. If people were unified, there's no telling how successful we could be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post. Sorry you were up so late though. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Wishing you a happy weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham