Sunday, August 24, 2014

Focus

I was finally able to work in my sewing room this weekend.  I haven't been in it at all this past week due to my work schedule.

At the end of my week I had in 60.61 hours.  My long week caught up with me Friday afternoon and I fought off falling asleep as hard as I possible could, but I felt that my coworkers would hear a loud thump as my head hit the desk.  So I had a strong cup of coffee hoping it would help. Though I have to admit the afternoon drowsiness is something I battle frequently with this current job.  Some are days are just worse than others.

I've been thinking of what I need to get done in the next sixteen weeks.
  • Finish the log cabin quilt
  • Make small love quilt
  • Make Christmas stocking for exchange
  • Make wall hanging/place mat from last year's fat quarter from guild's Christmas party
  • Other gifts I want to make for family and friends
Hopefully things will begin to level out and I will have time to work these projects.

At the beginning of the week I decided to focus on blessings instead of the frustrations and long hours the week promised.

  • Monday: after a long day I saw a beautiful rainbow on the way home and a beautiful starry sky at night.
  • Tuesday: stepped out of the house to a cool morning, a nice change from the hot muggy ones. 
  • Wednesday: coconut cream pie - it's been a very long time since I last tasted coconut cream pie, this was a yummy blessing.  It was also a day of good song's going through my mind.  Songs like "it's alright, have a good time cause it's alright yeah it's alright" and "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me". 
  • Thursday: a favorite sweater of mine was returned to me.  I didn't realize it was missing, I thought that it was in the clothes hamper waiting to be washed.   One of the local churches catered our lunch today and the oatmeal raisin cookies were the best I have ever tasted.  
  • Friday:  enjoyed a phone call with my son.  He is doing well and starting school and teaching next week.  He is going to be very busy.   I also got to leave work earlier today than the rest of the week.

By focusing on blessings, it helped my week go better.  I was tired and wore out by the end of the week but I was not frustrated or stressed to the max and that is essentially the best blessing of the week.  :)

So if you feel discouragement coming on... start focusing on blessings that come your way.

Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham