Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Treasure

On the way home from work today, there was a treasure before my eyes.  I didn't have my camera with me so as soon as I got home I hurried into the house and asked my husband to drive me back to an area where I could get a good picture.

I know when compared to the Appalachian or Rocky Mountains, Mt. Magazine isn't very tall, but it is the highest point between the two mountain ranges and I think it is a beautiful treasure.  Here is how it looked today with snow still covering it.

The next picture, I took as we drove home.  Paris sits at the base of the mountain and the closer we got to home, the mountain seemed to begin to disappear.

Though I can't see the mountain from my house, like I did on the road farther north today, I know it's there and it is a beauty all year long.