Thursday, December 19, 2013

What I've been up to lately...

Hi, hope all is going well and you are ready for the big day.... CHRISTMAS!

Tonight I enjoyed the company of my quilting friends.   The Logan County PieceMakers had our Christmas party this evening - lots of good food and laughter.  We had a fat quarter exchange, like the "white elephant" or "dirty santa" game.  We are challenged to make something with it to show off at next year's Christmas party.  Here's the fat quarter I ended up with.  I think it is very pretty and am already getting some ideas.


We showed our project from the fat quarter we got at last year's Christmas party.  I made a candle mat with mine.  The light green fabric with fans is the fat quarter I got.  I plan to  use the candle mat in the Sprint.


Our guild president, Marcella, gave each of us a quilted coaster.  I plan to use mine at work, starting tomorrow.  :)



If we got our "Hoffman Challenge" done, we showed them too.  Here is what I made with my Hoffman fabric.  It is a mini Nativity.


I finally got my big wreath redone.  I took all the old balls, beads and colored lights off of it and re-did it with mesh ribbon, white lights and beads.  David hung it up outside for me and also added colored lights around the window the wreath is hanging from.


Our supervisors at work gave each of us an ornament and some hand lotion.  The ornament I received fits right in with the ornament on my tree.


This week has been a very long week for me.  I kept thinking tomorrow is Friday.  Thankfully tomorrow really is Friday, finally.  :)

Are you ready for Christmas?

hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham