Saturday, April 12, 2014

Assurance...

Yesterday, I spent my lunch outside.  The sun was shining, the breeze was blowing and a local church was playing "Blessed Assurance" on the bells.  The song rang out over the town filling the air with it's melody.

I found a video with the song, if you have not heard it before.


After experiencing the muscles in my back tensing up to the point of cramps, earlier in the week, this song was a melodic reminder that no matter what I go through I have blessed assurance in Jesus Christ.

At times the enemy will use every day things, like my job to get to me, especially when I am striving to grow in my relationship with God.

It was through the power of prayer that I was able to relax and get through the back pain.  As the week got closer to this weekend, the back pain eased up and today I woke up with some back pain but it left me during the day.


Here's a little quilt I made.  It's a "back seat" quilt to keep in the car/truck for your little one.  It will be there for them to cuddle up in or to take with them and have where ever they are.  

This quilt was made from one of the "UFOs" I had on my list to get done this year.  It was made of nine patch blocks that were given to me at some point in time.  I don't remember where they came from but they were hand stitched.  So I sewed them together then layered the top with a low loft batting and backing and tied it, so that it is a light weight quilt and can be used year around.   


You may be wondering why I'm working on another quilt, when I am still not done with the log cabin quilt I've been working on.  We are doing a fund raiser at work and this little quilt went into a gift basket that will be raffled off.  I'm still working on the log cabin quilt and will get it finished soon.  


Earlier today my husband, daughter and I went flea marketing.  We haven't done that together in some time. I came across this old gas stove.  It was smaller than a lot I have seen and I wondered if it could have been made for an apartment space.  If it still worked and the parts were in good shape, I thought if it were cleaned up and refinished it would be a cute addition for a small kitchen.   Needless to say, I didn't bring it home.


Then my husband pointed out this sign.  I liked it and thought it was blog worthy.


I did find some goodies that I brought home and I didn't have to spend a lot of money.  I bought a crystal ring keeper and a book that is an inspirational book tying together quilts and life.


I hope your weekend is going good and that you are relaxed and stress free.  I hope you have blessed assurance.

Until next time, 
Hugs, 
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. This is most definitely my favorite song. Thank you! Just made my day better. Glad you are feeling better. All the day long........................PTL

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham