Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Rainbow colors and Spider lilies

Yesterday my dad wrote his name for the first time since he was infected with guillain-barre syndrome on June 4, 2015.  He was able to stand very briefly on his own too.  These two small things are big accomplishments for him.  Every small improvement is a step closer to his recovery.



I've started sorting out my scrap fabrics for Audre's scrappy rainbow quilt.  I will collect them as I go and hopefully I will have enough to start on her quilt in the next few month's.  I'm thinking it will be after Christmas before I can get started it though, as this time of year always gets very busy for me.


I know fall is near when I see the Lycoris radiata plants blooming.  Otherwise known as the spider lily.  I have called them naked ladies in the past but have recently learned this type is the spider lily.


As the spider lilies bloom and the weather gets cooler, my project list grows. It has grown with quilting projects, fleece blankets, bookmarks, painted figurines, etc.

Also with the cooler morning temps my head has started feeling stuffy, like it's going to explode if I don't do something soon.  This afternoon, my left ear started hurting so when I got home I took some olive leaf extract and drank hot tea. That seemed to help. I will continue the olive leaf  until this is kicked out and it usually is within a few days if I catch it soon enough.


...  I started writing this blog about 2 hours ago, then got side tracked.  Guess that means I need to sign off.  :)

Until next time,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham