Friday, April 22, 2016

Blooms and a flour sack

I've seen all types of reminders that today is earth day, everything from Snoopy reminding us, promotions to care for land surrounding us and even new blooms in my garden.

There's even a scripture that points to caring for the earth.

Genesis 2:15 ~  And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

My dwarf blue spruce is showing new growth and more of my irises bloomed today.  I even zoomed in on our first rose buds, on one of the climbing rose bushes.




There was also a reminder to re-purpose an existing item.  

I needed a cushion for a chair in my sewing room and yesterday I found a flour sack. So I took a foam piece, about 18" square, and cut it down for the seat and the back piece. Then with the feed sack, wrong side showing, I marked where to sew to tuck the seat cushion in, and stitched it in from the sides, enough to cinch in but allow the seat cushion to be put in or out. Then turned it right side out and stuffed the foam pieces to form the cushion.


I want to be able to wash it when needed, so I just used two large safety pins on the back to snug it up around the back piece and close it up at the top. That way I can take the foam pieces out when it needs cleaning.


Tomorrow I hope to be able to get some quilt blocks done.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham