Friday, February 19, 2016

Under cover

The weather has been warm and the trees are budding.
A tree behind my house
Today, I noticed the small steno book I use was a little ratty around the edges so I made a cover for it.

I started with two small blocks I had pieced earlier. I folded each piece around the front and back cover of the notebook and pinned.

Then, using an upholstery needle, I whip stitched the seams using a contrasting color.


The two pieces were stitched together to create a binding around the spiral of the little book.  Now the small steno books I have can be put in my handbag and be protected from wear and tear.


Sonia

2 comments:

  1. I admire folks who can sew/quilt. Crocheting is about as crafty as I get, and I haven't had any time for that in a while. Great idea to keep the cover of your notebook neat.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham