Saturday, November 7, 2015

Beauty

My devotional this morning spoke about worshiping the Lord in the beauty of holiness.  It told that all true beauty reflects some of who He is.   I know that it was speaking to His work in our life to clear all the clutter and debris that gets in the way of our walk with Him, but on the way to Little Rock later in the morning to see my dad, I saw a scene that brought back to me what I read.

I didn't have my camera with me, but hopefully I can describe it in a way you can picture what I saw.

As we drove east, the sun just up a few hours, I saw a few black and white cows in a pasture, speckled with green, tan and brown of the autumn changes in the pasture grasses.  The pasture was bordered to the south by a wooded hill. The hill was a beautiful patchwork of the yellow, orange and red hues of the hard wood trees, mingled with the evergreen of the cedars and pines.

Then later today, as we made our way home, the sun was setting in the west lighting up the clouds.  They were so vivid orange and red against the blue sky.  I was driving, so I asked my husband to send a text to our daughter to try to get some pics for me and she did.  Pictures don't do the true scene justice but you can see that it was a beautiful sunset.

to the south
in the west























The beauty I beheld today in God's creation, helped me to remember He is the Creator of all, the One who gives and takes away.  It reminded me that no matter what happens in my life, He is in control and no matter how hard I try to figure it all out or try to fix or take care of things on my own, I can't do it without Him.

An update on my dad:  He awoke today after sleeping basically for the past three days.  He spoke very clearly and repeated over and over that he wanted to go home.  He now has tremors, like you see in Parkinson patients. When he was moved to Little Rock, UAMS discovered he was given a medicine at the facility in Clarksville that seized him up to where he had no movement. They made sure he was not given any more of it and have been monitoring him to know when it gets out of his system.  The tremors are a result of the wrong medication.  Hopefully he will recover from it.  Before all this, he was on the way to recovery physically, able to take a few steps, to hold his spoon, to sit up on his own again... he was beginning to have more days where he was clear minded and then Smack!, he is hit with something else because of a misdiagnosis on medication. Mom is suppose to talk to the doctor on Monday and the case worker.  They (UAMS) are trying to find a place closer to home that can help dad and be able to take care of him.  

I thank all of you who have kept my dad in your prayers and I ask that you please continue to pray for him and please pray for my mom as she goes through each day with dad in the hospital. Staying with someone in the hospital takes a toll on a person, physically and emotionally.

Until next time,
Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham