Saturday, October 17, 2015

Banana Pudding Cake

Today was my husband's birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!

I hit the floor running this morning.  I had a cake to bake, to use for his birthday.  So one of the first things I did as the sun was just rising, was whip up a white cake batter and put it in the oven.  It sure smelled good as I was reading my Bible.  Time with God and cake cooking is a good combination.  :)

I'm calling it the Banana Pudding Cake.  Here's what I did.

Baked a white cake, let cool, then sliced it in half horizontally and then in smaller sections.

Placed cake sections in bottom of big bowl and layered with sliced bananas.

Then put a layer of vanilla pudding over the cake/banana layer.

Continued layering cake, bananas, and pudding until the bowl was filled.

Put it in the refrigerator for a few hours to let it set and all the flavors meld together.  Then enjoyed!


I've been wanting to use up some supplies I have had in stock for a while.  So earlier in the week I got to thinking about some of the Styrofoam ball and cone shapes I have in a tote. Then I rediscovered some yo-yo's I had made, in past years, out of pastel colored fabrics.  I had buttons I could use and straight pins of different colors.

A pastel ornament emerged.  I will probably use it on my small Christmas tree that will be in my sewing room.

I had another pleasant surprise at work this past week.  A friend from another team on my floor gave me this cute board to use in my cubicle.


Hugs,
Sonia

1 comment:

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham