Saturday, January 24, 2015

New 'do

I decided I needed a change.

So I went to the beauty salon.

I sat through having a lot of rollers put in my hair, it felt like a hundred but I didn't count.  :) Thankfully I took a good book to read while I waited for everything to set and come together.  An hour and thirty minutes later I was ready to go.

It has been around 18 years since I last had a perm in my hair.  I like the change.

What do you think?



Then later today I pulled out some of the "UFOs" I have and decided what to do with them.

Several years ago I won the block of the month at a quilt guild meeting.  Over the years I have got them out and played with them, putting some together with borders, thinking I would use them for wall hangings, pillows, table runners, or what ever.  

After laying them out today, I decided to take the borders off all the blocks and use a dark border like black or dark navy to put them all together. I will then use the strips from the borders taken off to make a small quilt.

Here they are laid out on the bed. There are more blocks to the side that are not in this picture.  It's times like this that I wish I had a big design wall.


Good news!  I did in fact get the lime quilt done.  You can see it on the quilt tab.

Until next time,

Hugs,
Sonia

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Sonia for entering my giveaway. And beautiful quilt. Nice to meet you. Blessings on your night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning, I could not find where to send you an email so sorry commenting here.
    I am one of Vicki's helpers at her Grow Your Blog Party. I don't see your post up yet and they were to be posted early this morning sunday Jan.25th. Your post needs to be up by 8 pm cst today thank you so much any questions feel free to conact me Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy, I just now read your comment after 9 p.m. here's wishing you a great week! :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham