Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 starting out...

Hi, I trust you had a Happy New Year's day.  :)

I used the time off to take down the Christmas decorations.  Now my house seems bare.  It always feels like that for a few days after the decorations are put away.  I'm happy to say I was able to organize all the decorations, including tree and big wreath, to where I can store them in the house instead of the attic, that is accessed from outside under the carport.  I decided to do this because to be honest my husband and I are not getting any younger and I don't want to have to climb up the ladder to the attic space to pull it all down in the future.

I had some decorative sand and glass stones, so I decided to try making a light with them.  Here's what I came up with.


I had sand left over and decided to use in for a floral arrangement.


You may have notice two of the tabs at the top of page are no longer there. I decided to drop the What Is It? and the Giveaways pages.  I just had trouble keeping them up to date.

One of my goals for this year is to read the Bible through.  Though I read the Bible every day last year I did not read the entire Bible.  My 2015 daily organizer has a reading plan to read the entire Bible during the year.

Another goal is to start on a quilt for my and David's bed.  I have been meaning to make a quilt for our bed for several years but haven't done it yet.  So, I'm going to get started on it this year.  Not sure if I'll get it done, but I will be working on it.  I'll share more about it as I get started.  I have a small quilt I need to finish first.  It is the lime green one I showed a couple of month's ago with the pink stars.  I plan to tie it and finish it this weekend.

I've set only the two goals for this year.  I think I will have better success than if I were to have several goals.  I figure everything else will fall in place.  :)

What goals have you set?

Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham