Saturday, November 1, 2014

Frost, Festival and Good Times

Good morning, we were visited by Jack Frost last night.  I woke to our first frost of the season.



You remember my writing, about two blogs ago, of how nice it was to be back at church after two weeks of being out?  Well I got to spend some more time with my church family in the middle of the week.  I'm soaking it all in because I know in a week or two, there will be another conversion at work and I will most likely be working long hours again.

Anyway, we had a fall festival at church this week.  We started out with fish fry.  The menu was fish, hush-puppies, fries, coleslaw, baked beans and desert. I zoned in on some banana pudding and couldn't pass it up.  :)
some of the men took care of the cooking
There were games for the kids; musical chairs, cup games, target games, goal games...  I tried to get pics of everything, but some didn't turn out and I think I missed some games too.

musical chairs

goal game

cup game
 We had a cake wall for all the ages.  A Vulcan dj'd the cake walk.

Vulcan DJ for cake walk
proof she really is a Vulcan :)



cake walk
We had a time of comedy, music and testimony.



We recognized all the costumes.

The evening was wrapped up with a pumpkins seed spitting contest.  Yes, you read it right, a Pumpkin Seed Spitting contest.  We had one for the kids.

And one for the teenagers and adults.

This is a very competitive group and we had to have a couple of tie breakers.


Good food, good friends and good times sharing the love of God.  That's what it is all about.


Have a great day!
Sonia

PS  I've updated the Giveaway Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham