Monday, October 27, 2014

Chopped Off...

After another long week, last week, it was nice to find out the day I requested to take off next month was approved.  It is my last personal day off with pay for the year.  It was getting to the point of either use it or lose it.  So I am going to use it.  That is something to look forward to, in addition to the paid holidays coming up.

I'm thinking of starting a block of the month or a mystery quilt to share on my blog, but I need to do some research before I dive into it.  I hope to be able to post it each month for others to participate in and show off their finished quilts when we are done.   I have thought this might be a good project for the guild I attend too, but again, I need to research it all before I present it.

I'm letting my hair grow out again.  It got to the point it was beginning to bother me and one day I got up from a nap and when I looked in the mirror, I pulled my bangs down and chopped off about 2 inches.   So last week, I went to the beautician and asked her to trim it up, straighten it up and thin it out.  It was getting pretty unruly, so she cut in a lot of layers like a shag haircut.  I'm happy with it, I can usually just blow it out, after washing it, and run a comb through it and it looks fixed.

Last night we had three baptisms at church and I saw a friend I worked with for 20+ years.  It was good to see her.  I haven't seen very many people I worked with at my previous job since I started working in another town.   Then today, in two different stores, I saw three more people I either use to work with or had connection with through my last job.  Then this evening, at two different stores, I saw family members I haven't seen in a few months.   Truly a blessing.

As my family and I were on the road this evening, David was driving, and I was able to take a pic or two.

I got this picture of this old house as we drove by.  I honestly didn't know if it would turn out as we were picking up speed as we went by, and I was turned towards the back of the car with my window rolled down trying to get a picture.  I think it turned out pretty good though.


I've updated the following tabs today.

  • My Walk
  • What Is It?
    • last week's may have been unfair as it was of something we don't see very often, and hopefully this week's pic will be easier.


Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham