Thursday, September 4, 2014

Quilted Coat

Have you ever had something like spring fever in autumn?

I feel like a squirrel that's as cracked as the nut it is trying to get into.

High energy within is held at bay from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.  By the time I can spend the energy, after 5 p.m, I am so beat down from the hours before I don't have the pep in my step to do it.  It's not a physical beat down but a mental one.

It was very warm outside today, so I sat at my desk and ate lunch.  While I was eating I thought to myself "I should have brought some small hand work like crocheting or a small hand quilted project like ornaments or a Christmas stocking  This is a way I could use up some of this creative energy brewing inside".

I had a book to read, it's a good story, but when I"m in this frame of mind it is hard for me to stay focused on the story.  I tried reading after I ate, but after a few paragraphs my mind began wondering.  So I began to type.

You've guessed it, I started on this during my lunch break.

Yesterday David met me in Ozark and we spent my lunch hour together.  We went to a flea market that Audre and I discovered last week when she and I spent lunch together.

$1.00
I found a cute little Santa Clause with a quilted coat.  I think he is adorable.
I also found an angel by Jim Shore.  She is from his 2002 collection.  I've always like Jim Shore's creations and was tickled when I found this one.

$4.98
Needless to say I enjoyed my lunch break.  I use to get to spend lunch with David everyday, but with my current job it doesn't happen very often.

Thank goodness the weekend is near.  I'm so ready for it.

Hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham