Monday, August 11, 2014

like sparkling crystals

Yesterday afternoon I laid down for a nap.  As I closed my eyes I could see the sunlight from the window through my eyelids.  I decided to try to relax and knew that I would soon fall asleep and the light would fade.
Just at the point of dropping off to sleep, the room got dark and the fan stopped running.  A storm blew in and we lost electricity.  I knew without the "white" noise of the fan, I would not be able to sleep.  So I got up and went to the living room.

My husband and I opened a couple of windows across from each other to let air flow through the house. Then I sat down on the couch and closed my eyes.  I began to listen to the sound of the falling rain.  Hearing rain fall and the sound of thunder rolling in the distance has always been soothing to me.

 There's something melodic about it and it speaks to my soul.  It's music from the Almighty Creator.

Even the birds were singing their praises as the rain fell.

 The wind blew and the small wind chime I have hanging out front sang out until the wind tangled it up.



After the rain stopped I went out took pictures of some of the plants.  In the sunlight the raindrops looked like sparking crystals on the plants.  My pictures didn't capture the sparkle but I think they turned out pretty anyway.


It turned out to be a pretty afternoon.  It has been so muggy of late and the rain cooled the day down.

I stepped out in the early evening hours and took this picture of the moon.  



I know a few young ladies who are very close to or past their due dates and I've heard the old wives tale about a full moon putting a woman into labor.  I know at this point each one is ready to have her precious baby.  

I looked back and saw that my son was born during a new moon phase and my daughter was born in during the last quarter phase.  So as to the old wives tale, I say if the baby is ready to be born during a full moon phase then he/she will be.   I got to thinking about old wives tales and realized they have been around for a very long time.  The Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Timothy 4:7 "But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness."

So I will pray for these young ladies and their babies to have a safe delivery in their due time.  If you know a young lady who is ready to deliver, please lift her and her baby up in prayer.

Here's wishing you a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Rain is one of my 3 Louisiana loves :) It rains often this year so far...Keeping my fingers crossed. I too love the sound of rain on my roof! It lulls me so and the numerous wind chimes I have here and there between home and shop sound in chorus to the steady rhythm of rainfall. Rain is Always a good thing in my world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand Jan. :) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham