Sunday, August 3, 2014

Always there...

There are times when I need to spend a few hours alone... Just me and God.  Today was one of those days.  When I have that kind of day, if I'm staying home, I wait until everyone leaves the house.  I remove all distractions, books, projects, phone, t.v., radio - anything that might distract me from my quiet time with God.   This time alone is more than my daily time I spend, this time is for deeper communication, healing and restoring of spirit.

This past Thursday I found out a test, that was run at my previous doctor's appointment, came back abnormal and I am scheduled to go back this week for a talk with my doctor and have another examination.  You can imagine, the worst scenario goes through your mind when you receive a call like that and it did.  I prayed and asked God to give me peace and He has.  I have been able to sleep with out it weighing on my mind, but deep down it was still there. So, I knew I had to do something today... spend some time alone with my Heavenly Father.

In times like these I am often drawn to the book of Psalms. Today's scriptures that helped me and answered some questions, were as follows.

Psalm 33: 18-22  Who can help me?

Psalm 138:7-8  Who is there when I walk through troubled times?

Then I came upon scriptures that have helped me in the past.

Psalm 116:1-2 Who hears me when I cry?

Psalm 118:24 Who is in control of the day?

Psalm 103:1-4 lest I forget all His benefits.

At the end of my time alone with the Lord, I am ready to face what ever comes my way this week.

*******************************************


Remember in my last blog I mentioned a magnetic board I was making out of an old baking pan?  Well here it is finished and hanging up in my sewing room.

This week there were some new blooms in the flower pots.

Moss Rose

Angle Wing Begonia loaded down

Coleus bloomed - didn't know they would.

***********************************************

Some of our dishcloths need replaced, so I crocheted a couple last night.   I plan to do a few more.  

I like the smaller one the best and plan to make more of that size.  The way the smaller one is crocheted gives it ridges to help with the cleaning.


So through times of trial, times of productivity and times of enjoying the beauty of God creations remember HE is always there, you are never alone. 

Have a great week!
Hugs, 
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. Going to the Psalms is always the greatest comfort.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham