Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yummy for the Tummy...

Thought I'd share a couple of recipes with you I tried this weekend.

The first recipe is a breakfast casserole I threw together.   My bunch really liked it and to be honest I think it may have been the best "thrown together" breakfast I've ever made.  :)

Sonia's Breakfast Casserole
1/2 bag of tator tots
1/4 - 1/2 green pepper chopped
8 oz. chopped cooked ham
5 eggs
Greek seasoning, to taste (or your favorite spice)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of shredded cheese

In a large bowl, combine the tator tots, peppers, and ham, salt and pepper.  Mix well.  Crack the five eggs into a separate bowl and add the Greek season and whisk as for scrambled eggs.  Add the eggs to the tator tot mixture, add the shredded cheese and mix all together.  Pour into a oiled casserole dish and back at 425° F for 20 - 25 minutes until set and golden brown.

This second recipe is a basic yellow cake recipe I used to make cupcakes. It came from my Taste of Home cookbook and recipe was submitted by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen. I have adjusted the bake time to accommodate for cupcakes.
Yellow Layer Cake
2/3 cups softened butter
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk

In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar, add the eggs and mix until fluffy.  Add the vanilla and mix well.  In a separate bowl sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the flour mixture and milk to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.  
Grease two "12 muffin" tins or line the cups with cupcake liners.  Fill each cup 3/4 full with batter.  Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until tests clean with toothpick in centers. Makes 24 cupcakes
Ice with your favorite icing.  I used a cream cheese icing. 1 package softened cream cheese, 4 tablespoons softened butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp salt, 3 cups confectioner sugar.  Mix all together until creamy.  To color the icing, separate it into portions and add food coloring.

Have a great week!

Hugs,
Sonia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham