Monday, April 21, 2014

The Day After...

We celebrate Easter, the holiday of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, and with today being the day after, I wondered how the disciples, Mary and others, who saw Jesus after He rose again, felt the day after.

When they woke the next morning, with the sun shining in through their windows, were they still in awe and wonder over seeing Jesus alive the day before?  After all, they had witnessed His death and burial.

Can you imagine what they must have felt for days, even for the forty days Jesus was with them before He ascended into heaven?

Oh how I would like to know what they felt, how they reacted and what their expressions were when they saw Him again.  I can only imagine the wonder and amazement that surrounded them.

Easter weekend was a blessing to me.  My church, First Baptist Branch, performed an Easter program three nights.  I have to say, my church family has a special place in my heart.  They are a great bunch of people.

Anyway, working together on a story about Jesus and His resurrection was probably the best way I could spend an Easter weekend.  It was totally focused on my Savior and not all the other things this world tends to throw in the way of the holiday.

Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham