Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ugh!

Well, I stayed home today because I didn't want to get stranded north of the river or chance sliding off the hilly curvy roads I have to drive.  Ice was coming down this morning, so I called in and asked to use a vacation day.


I used the day to try to get my head cleared.  I've been suffering from sinus congestion.  So I took a cough suppressant and decongestant that put me to sleep for a few hours.  I woke up after 12:30 this afternoon, not completely cleared but able to breath better.

I used the time I was awake to work on the log cabin quilt and bake a loaf of sweet bread.

I used what I had on hand and call it Cinnamon Pecan Bread.

Here's how I made it.

2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2/3 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
6 tablespoons melted butter
Milk (I eyeballed the milk... I think 1/2 cup)
1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to  350° F.  Mix ingredients well in order given.  Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until it tests clean with a toothpick.

It is very good.  Between my husband and my kids the loaf is already half gone.

I need to take more of the decongestant and I think I will take something for aches.  I'm starting to feel achy. Ugh!

I hope you are staying safe and warm.

Until next time...

Hugs,
Sonia

PS... so tired of cold, ice and snow - anticipating Spring.
Spring Will Follow image
Spring Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham