Saturday, February 1, 2014

Easy Saturday Morning...

Good morning!  Do you have a routine you follow?

There is a routine I have each morning and sometimes, like today, I have a special treat.

My morning starts out with my daily devotion.  This is a time that prepares me for my day.  A time where it is just me and the Lord, before anyone else wakes up or daily activities start. 


After my devotion I have cup of hot coffee or hot tea and catch the news, during the week; or a quilting show on the weekends, like this morning.


This morning I had a special treat.   David made a pan of cinnamon toast, using a loaf of bread he baked earlier in the week.  I'm finishing my piece of toast as I write this morning.  It is very tasty and a nice addition to my easy Saturday morning.



I have just four more blocks to complete for the "quilt as you go" log cabin quilt, I've been working on.   Once I get them completed, I can trim and start sewing the blocks together.  Then add the borders, then bind it and I'll be done.

It feels good to be so close to the finish line on this project.   It has been in the works for almost a year.  I could have had it done sooner, but it seems there was always something coming up over the past year that hindered its completion.

I hope to have a finished quilt to show you by next weekend.

Well, I guess I better sign off and continue on with my day.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. I do have a routine during the weekdays . Prayer in the morning, tea, breakfast, meditation before I begun my work. Lucky me I can stay in my pjs to work. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop. Big Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! Here's wishing you a beautiful rest of the weekend. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham