Saturday, February 8, 2014

Before Tracks Were Made

I woke to a winter wonderland this morning.  I took these pics before animals and vehicles made tracks. It is very pretty in the early morning light.



Then it was time to cook breakfast and what better way to start a cold Saturday than with a potato, sausage scramble and wheat biscuits with peach preserves?  I have the recipe for the scramble below.


Here's how I made the scramble.

  • 1 large potato, cubed
  • 1/4 green pepper diced
  • 1/4 - 1/2 lb your favorite sausage
  • season to taste.  I used salt, black pepper and Greek Seasoning.
  • 5 eggs, beaten with a splash of milk and seasoned to taste

In a large non-stick skillet, brown sausage with green peppers. Add potatoes and seasoning.  Cover and cook until potatoes and sausage are done and lightly browned.  Add beaten eggs and mix thoroughly with the potato/sausage mixture and cook until the eggs are done, creating the potato, sausage, eggs scramble. This made enough to feed four people.

You can add more or less of everything and even add onions, cheese, ham... anything that appeals to you.

That's all I have for this morning.

Have a great day!

Hugs,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. a yummy way to start a cold winter day. Thank you for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop so much fun. Big Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine, the Thursday Favorite has helped me get motivated with my blog. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham