Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday Favorite

Wow, what a week!

We had a warm weekend, just a teaser really... then a bitter cold week.  I'm thankful we were spared from the ice and snow here in Arkansas, but my heart goes out to those who are further south who got caught in it.  I'm from the deep south and most of my family is there and we are just not created for this cold weather business.  That's all there is to it.  :)

I thought it was pretty awesome though, that baby Grace was born in the midst of all the ice chaos on the interstates.  I'm sure all those involved will never forget that moment in time.

On Wednesday nights, I work with 1st - 6th grade children in the AWANA program.  Talk about good medicine!

Spending time with the kids, going over God's Word and listening to them as they learn scripture and the meaning of the scriptures, is what I need in the middle of the week.  If I'm feeling stressed from work or low in spirit, just an hour or so with the kids always relieves the stress and cheers me up.  I think they have a good time too.

Last night one of the girls gave out thank you cards.  Her lesson was on showing others you care.  I thought it was very sweet of her.  Here is the card she gave me.


I think the rainbow is pretty on the purple background and handmade cards are so special.  Don't you think?

I still have every handmade card, picture or project my two children have given me over the years.  You can't beat that.  It is something created with their hands, their thoughts and their heart.

Warm hugs,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham