Sunday, January 26, 2014

Prayer, Cookies and Crochet


I'd like to start out with a prayer request.

Please lift my family and especially my aunt Barbara and my cousins, Flora, Brian and Dawn up in prayer.  Yesterday my aunt's husband, my uncle Bill, passed away.  They think it was due to a heart attack.  Please remember them in this time of sorrow.

***********************************************

It has been a beautiful weekend with sunshine and warm temperatures.

To be honest, I'm not ready for the weekend to end.

I tried out a new cookie recipe yesterday and must admit I wasn't happy with the recipe and wound up making some changes to it.

The recipe called for five ingredients, to bake at 250° F for 20 minutes.  The dough was very hard to work with and I wound up having to bake the cookies for 40 minutes.  That was my first batch.  They turned out, but my word!  :)

So I decide to do a second batch and I added to the amount of one of the ingredients, increased the oven temperature and adjusted the time. They turned out better than my first batch and didn't take as long to bake.

Here's the recipe.

  1. 1 3/4 cups flour
  2. 1/2 confectioners sugar
  3. 10 tablespoons of melted butter
  4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  5. 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Combine all the ingredients well, forming a stiff dough.  Roll the dough out and cut into small cookie shapes.  Bake at 350° F for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.

***********************************************

Friday night, I took my rings off to put lotion on my hands.  A few hours later I put my rings back on but one ring would not go on my finger.  It seems that maybe I am experiencing my first touch of arthritis... not sure... but I think it might be.  My joint is swelled on my finger, is a little sore and I can't bend it all the way like my other fingers.   So, since I can't put the ring I normally wear on that finger, I crocheted myself a new ring.  This ring will fit over my swollen joint and will be comfortable to wear.


I single crocheted a band, making it more narrow on the bottom, then added a crocheted flower to the band.


***********************************************

Great Week Images


Hugs, 
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham