Monday, November 25, 2013

Getting caught up...

Yesterday I wrote that I had two projects and a block to get done by the next quilt guild meeting in December... today I was able to work toward getting caught up.

I stayed home today, because I didn't want to take a chance driving Hwy 309 in the falling sleet and ice.   Who knows I probably could have made it fine but I chose to stay home and use my last vacation day.  I guess I will have to go back tomorrow... but since I was home today, I used my time toward getting some projects done.

Here is a glimpse of what I worked on today.  It is hand pieced.  I then embroidered the center block with a nativity scene.  Don't look to close at it, as I free handed the scene and it is far from perfect.   All I have left to do is quilt it and bind it.  The finished product will be about 12" square and I plan to use it as part of my Christmas decor.


So, two steps forward... and I will have to continue on during the rest of the week.

I hope you are staying warm.

Until next time,
God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham