Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Disappointments...


Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them are the called according to His purpose.

Twice in the past month, I have had to give up something I deeply wanted or have been denied something I was looking forward to.   I have been very disappointed, not in the way of anger but in the way of discouragement.

After searching for comfort in the Scriptures this evening, I came to Romans 8:28.  

... His purpose...   

As a believer I have the assurance and hope that God's purpose is for the good of His followers.  His purpose may not be easy or in line with our plans or wants, but is worked out so that the things that happen to us (in this case my disappointments) are working out for our good, so much so that is surpasses what we had in mind.  I say this because I have looked back over other disappointments in my life and realized that what happened in place of them has always been better than what I had planned.

So if you have experienced some disappointment as I have recently, take comfort in knowing something better is on its way.










********************************************************
THANKFUL

I'm thankful for lessons learned.

*******************************************************

Until next time...

God bless and keep you,
Sonia


PS... how are you dealing with the time change?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham